Friday, June 7, 2013

Meet Amelia, Paso Pacífico Surf Ambassador

We're pleased to introduce the newest member of our team, Amelia Dotzenrod. She'll be blogging for us from San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua, where she's leading our coastal conservation efforts in the surfing community. First up, her bio:
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.”
Jacques Cousteau

My first connection to the wonder and power that the ocean inspires. I learned to surf as a little girl on vacation in Hawaii, and knew after catching my very first wave that I would surf for the rest of my life. Raised in Charleston, South Carolina, I surfed the Charleston beaches. As my surfing abilities grew, so did my love for the ocean. In high school, I spent summers working as a surf instructor. Showing others the magic of the ocean convinced me to dedicate my life to helping people find solace and hope in the sea and in every creature that calls the ocean home. Having just graduated, my first post-college adventure is as a Surf Ambassador for Paso Pacífico. I am excited to be part of an organization that works closely with community members, and to be starting my career in ocean conservation and community development. Connecting with the local surf community, I will help ensure that the natural world of Nicaragua remains beautiful and awe-inspiring for years to come.

No comments: